THE NIGHT BEFORE:
1: Make the boys packed lunches.
2: Put two bowls, spoons and tissues on the breakfast bar.
3: Put the boys clothes neatly on their dresser, in order of how they put them on for them with shoes underneath.
THE MORNING AFTER THE NIGHT BEFORE:
1: Whoever's getting the boys up's alarm goes off at 8.15am, Lin or I wander dazed through to the bathroom, quick pee and a wash of the hands and then go say hi - the boys have usually tidied their room by now, have made their beds and are neatly dressed for their day at school.
2: Quietly we go downstairs, so's not to wake whoever is getting the illustrious sleep in, the boys choose their cereal and all we have to do is pour it into their bowls and add milk - easy-peasy.
3: After brekkie the boys tell us "the two q's" - QUICKLY and QUIETLY, then off they go to clean their teeth and wash their faces. Our walls are paper thin and our bedroom is right next to the bathroom, so it's great when the boys are nice n quiet, that way they don't wake Mummy or I up, depending on who's overseeing and who's getting the sleep in that morning.
4: Ok, so next it's just a case of putting on jackets and bags answering any wacky questions the boys might have stored up in their craniums, hug time and then off they go.
I've got the morning part down to 15 minutes from me going into seeing the boys to them going out the door, which, for me, is a real blessing as i'm not good in the mornings so the less I have to do the better as I'm still in the "waking up process" lol. Linette is an amazing multi-tasker and can handle loads of things at the same time - me? - nup, I do one thing at a time - but do it WELL. ;-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So yesterday, well it started with Lin and I heading down to Troon to collect her paintings from church so that I could take some good-quality digital snaps of them for her Facebook site and to prepare them for sale at 'Mini-Clan' in Kilmarnock this weekend. When we got to the church I couldn't help myself by doing a quick tidy-up of the worship area - you can't switch off the stage manager in me, it's my default setting. A little known fact is that God created man, woman and Gaffa tape. ;-)
Leaving the church we popped over to B&Q in Kilmarnock to get picture hanging stuffs for the prophetic paintings Linette will be displaying at the Howard Centre from the weekend onwards. The Howard centre's just had a MAJOR refurb., so I'm looking forward to seeing it. After leaving B&Q upon asking my wife why she was taking her mobile phone into the garage to pay for petrol she said in her finest 5 year old, upset and confused voice "I don't know! 'cause I'm tired and lonely, grumpy, fizzy pop" - she sure has a way with words my wife! lol - I love that silly side of her, she's not scared at acting daft around me, I find it very endearing. :-)
After B&Q our tummies were fair rumbling so off to 'The Coffee Pot' in Stewarton, we do like it there - the food is great, well priced and it's a welcoming environment. We were unfortunate enough to be sat near some "ladies" talking about some sort of creams they had to use regularly and then endure them bitching about some other women they know and referring to them as sluts - NOT what I want to hear whilst I'm eating my brunch thank you very much, so we went to the other section of "The Pot" where it was much quieter - ahhhhh! luvlee. :-)
After brunch we went home so that Lin could work on some paintings and I could work on things like Penney Lane Studios stickers and painting tags etc. Working out how to print stickers took longer than I wanted and some swear words were banded out there in the process,to which I apologised to Lin for later, she was right it wasn't fair on her. The boys came home just after 3pm and settled down to CBBC whilst Mum and I carried on with PLS stuffs.
We'd been invited to Richard and Jan's for tea which was nice - what a welcoming and peaceful environment their house is. It really helped Lin and I chill and just forget about PLS things for a while. The boys were well behaved, as usual, so it meant we could all just have a good gab together. We enjoyed a lovely meal and sat next to their fire afterwards chatting - good times. :-)
After that it was straight to bed for the boys as it was way past their bedtime and then back onto working on PLS stuffs. Linette was painting and I was designing the tags that go with her artwork - you know the kind of things - they explain the name of the piece, how much it is, the artist's thoughts etc. etc. etc. this took us up to well after 1 in the morning when after laminating the tags I had reached my limit methinks. I can't stay up all day and all night anymore, must be getting old... so off to bed with my wife wearing two dressing gowns 'cause it was so cold. Who says newly weds aren't romantic? heh heh ;-)
Blessings to you all!
p.s. you can check out Linette's art at www.facebook.com/penneylanestudios
No comments:
Post a Comment