Tuesday, 19 October 2010

TUESDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2010

I'm watching over the boys again today, thankfully it's the last day of their October break, so back to school tomorrow, but that still leaves me doing the customary washing, drying, washing up, making lunches and snacks and generally being a "house husband" as some would say. 

I've struggled with it recently, not because I don't want to be with the boys, but rather the mundainess and monotony of it. Every day is the same "routine", to a certain extent - get up, get the boys breakfast, let them watch some t.v. for a short while, then go through the "that's enough now" and the consequent "but, can't we just watch another episode?" - "'fraid not, time to go play".

The boys'll play, popping in and out constantly until I say "either you're in or you're out" and then that nips it in the bud ;-)  Housework begins and I have to have some music on - I struggle to do it without some tunes, funny how music can help things like that, isn't it?..

The day'll roll on with the usual fishing from the boys "can we play the Playstation now Daddy/Keith?" - "nope, it's a beautiful day guys, go! enjoy!, I'll put it on later for you". Linette and I have strict times when the boys watch t.v. and play games as we don't want them to grow up "square eyed", especially as they'll get way more out of being outside and interacting with other kids, falling off their bikes, getting skint knees etc - it's what boys are meant to do.

Anyhoo, "enough of my yakkin'" as Marti Di Bergi would say - better get on with the hum drums, will write again later with the rest of the day's business.

Blessings y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment