Sunday, 12 December 2010

12/12/10

Ooft! - it's nearly been a month since my last blog!, my apologies to anyone who bothers to read/care. I guess I still think of my blog as something I write for myself so, again, apologies to anyone who reads it for the belatedness of my digits to keys.


Hmmm, so what's been happening? - let me see... well, on a spiritual level and I'm gonna be honest, I've felt quite distant from Papa recently - probably the reason why I haven't been writing. One thing I've sussed out on my journey is that if you don't make time to be with Papa then he can sometimes feel really distant from you, even though he isn't - as it says in Jeremiah 29:13  - "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" - that is so true.  


Being with Papa is like anything, if you put in the effort you will reap the reward of feeling him, if you don't you won't. If you spend time with him he will seem so much nearer to you, if you don't he won't, simple as.


One thing that has become clearer to me is that I need to surround myself with fellowship more than I have been doing as fellowship really does help me connect with God and just keep me on the guid path easier. Being a Christian isn't a walk in the ballpark by ANY means and walking that path is easier when surrounded by others on the same journey. Don't get me wrong, Linette helps me and guides me every day, and (hopefully) vice versa, but what I need is regular brotherly fellowship and/or church fellowship, more than I've been getting, so I intend to work on that and not let "I've not got any money" defeat me before I even bring the idea up. I agree with Linette when she says that if we agree with a poverty spirit it can become a law that we end up living under. Wise words.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The days have been very hard for me recently, due to my lack of work - the never ending chores of housework with all the things that need doing every day and my debts staring me in the face haven't kept me that upbeat and if anything they've got me quite down. It was only this week when walking Ruby that something changed in me and I managed to return to a nice place of being able to talk to Papa again and have a giggle with him. Not that I'd stopped praying, just I hadn't made the effort to be with him. Now, I can't stress this enough - if you're struggling with anything then I would strongly advise you to make the effort, even though it will be hard and spend time with Papa. You might not think you've made any headway, but you will have - Papa hears your prayers and helps you every day, even when you're sure he hasn't - keep pressing in.


We all struggle with different strokes folks ("what you talkin' 'bout Willis?") - no, not THOSE Different Strokes!" ;-), none of us are perfect, we all have issues, sin, past and present damage, whatever and if we don't take it to Papa then we'll never be able to be shake these chains off and the enema, sorry, enemy, heh heh ;-) will always keep us in those chains. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My mate Michael was leading the meeting at church today and one thing he asked us was what does Satan want from us? - to keep us imprisoned? to steal us away from God? - well, there was a few different thoughts from everyone in the congregation and to be honest they were probably all right, but the one Michael wanted to point out to us was that Satan wants to rid us of the authority that Jesus has given us.


Now, that's quite a thing if you think about it, isn't it? - he doesn't really give a stuff if we end up with a toasting fork up our jacksies for all eternity or if we want to sit at his left hand side up until the point he gets bored of us and chucks us into the fires - what he really wants is our authority. 


Ha! Ha! Ha! - well guess what ya wee red fayrt?, it's not gonna happen!  Having prophetically swallowed "the red pill" (ala 'Matrix' stylee) and suddenly having my eyes opening to what's really going on, why on earth would I want to give up such a precious gift from someone who loves me without question to someone who would rather have me out of the way?....


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A question has been going round and round in my head recently, I wonder if you've ever asked yourself the same?


1: Why would anyone ever want to be a follower of the enemy when all the enemy want is destruction?..
2: What would the enemy do if they ever got to destroy everything? - what would be left for them to do when they've destroyed everything?.. 


Everything about the enemy and what they're trying to achieve seems a complete waste of time...but then I guess I'm biased as I've felt my Father's love and his never ending love for me.


Thank you Father, thank you Jesus, my lord, and thank you Holy Spirit for continuing to nudge me when i'm heading off the path and putting me back on course. I love you.





3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how easy it is to fall into a trapped way of thinking and to be lead to believing that there isn't a way out. Sort of like a lie with a lie on top compounding the previous lie.

    Giving into the lie is when the heavenly power & authority leaves us. The trick is seeing the lie quickly before you give away the power & authority & the only way we can do that is to be so close to papa that any hint of darkness is exposed obviously & quickly or just has no room to prosper in the first place.

    Now if only we could get out the way and let papa do his job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Wildflower: Thanks thanks thanks!!!! ;-)

    To Monty: Thank you mate, you speak the truth! - yeah, maybe we should just all go to the pub for an ice cold Guiness and let Papa do his thing ;-)

    ReplyDelete