Wednesday, 20 October 2010

19/10/10 (part 2) + 20/10/10 (part1)

Had quite a day yesterday - Papa spoke to me on lots of things. I had done loads of housework, which meant that I could relax a lot more today. I am writing a day behind so as to be able to reflect on things with a sounder mind and write more comfortably and even better get to spend some much needed time with my wife.


Linette and I were very kindly offered a baby sitter last night, courtesy of a good friend of ours Mrs Sarah Mayers. I suddenly felt obliged to take her up on it because we don't get many babysitting offers - family and friends help when needed, but to actually get VOLUNTEERS?! is unHEARD of, lol! The only fly-in-the-ointment was that Papa had been speaking to me since Sunday saying that I've to spend more time just being with him and to stop concentrating on what I've to do for him - HE is the light at the end of my tunnel, not a job or church direction, so this left me in the uncomfortable situation of having to explain to Linette that I think we'd have to decline Sarah's amazing offer this time. 


Linette was understandably disappointed - we don't get much "us time" at all and here was I asking if we could turn down such an opportunity. After some huffing and puffing on both sides we both understood that if God tells you to do something you just DO it - after all HE was the one who brought us back together for heaven's sake, so off to the prayer room I went with my wife's blessing and understanding, which made it so much easier.


Sunday I really struggled with where I was with myself and with God, I have been feeling surplus to requirements and rudderless recently and my usual warrior-like self had become a real withered balloon.  I'd lost interest in my men's group, in Light & Life and even going to church, if I'm really honest, but God spoke through Janis, Kim and Andy at church and gave me such amazing words that refreshed me again.


Andy's sermon definitely felt like it was solely aimed at me, but it wasn't until one of my best mates Allan offered to come round and go for a coffee on Sunday night that I felt I really got the answers and since my time with Al I have been experiencing such peace and a real sense of direction - not who I am in the "kingdom", not what i'm meant to be, not what I can do for him, but simply just being with him - MORE - spending QUALITY time with him.


So, my aim is to do exactly that, Papa told me to go get a devotional, so today I did, Linette and I went up to Wesley Owens in Glasgow and got a copy of Eugene Peterson's 'Message Solo', which I think will help me in my "Papa tahm" nicely. Today I feel very chilled and am looking forward to nothing more than just spending time with him.


Before I go I would like to thank Sarah for her lovely offer and my bro's at mens group - Richard, Ken, Robert and John for their prayers and texts - your support and love is amazing guys, thank you, I appreciate them more than you know and am happy to report that what you have told me is exactly what G has been telling me too. :-)




Blessings to you and yours....



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post mate.....and may I say that God spoke to me afresh too about just being with Him. Go for it bro.....here is the scripture that Andy was talking about ;) John 15:4 "live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you."(the message version)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this blog Keith. I take up the message and hear what Abba is saying to all of us. Blessings my friend.
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear bro, I'm so thankful to our gracious Papa for His constant love and attention even when we are "rudderless"!So many things you posted showed me His unchanging faithful gracious and merciful love for you and Andy's message was fantastic the John 15:4 was I felt aimed at me too; seems I wasn't alone! As you continue to meet Papa in the quiet place of immunity He will draw close to you as His word promises and this dark time have been experiencing will grow lighter by the day. You may not feel like it bro but you're a great big encouragement and I love bein your bro in Christ, hang in there! Ken

    ReplyDelete